2016 KanJam World Championship
MAJOR KANJAM TOURNAMENT
It's anyone's game, but there can only be one champion! Do you have what it takes?
The 2016 KanJam World Championship is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Event hosted by KanJam LLC (www.kanjam.com) and is an offical KanJam tournament! KanJam looks forward to seeing you at the biggest KanJam day of the year in a healthy drug-and-alcohol free atmosphere. This tournament attracts approximately 100+ teams from near and far for a shot at the coveted title.
- DATE: Saturday, August 13th, 2016
- TIME: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (Team check-in is from 9:00 am to 9:45 am)
- PLACE: Gratwick Hose Volunteer Fire Company Picnic Grounds in North Tonawanda, NY (outdoor)
- COST: $60 per team - proceeds benefit Buffalo RACIN, #LipsitzStrong, Food Bank of WNY, and the North Tonawanda Police Athletic League
- DEADLINE: Registration has ended - deadline was July 31st, 2016
- WEATHER: Rain or shine! Come prepared for any conditions!
Maps to Gratwick Hose Picnic Grounds
110 Ward Rd
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
For teams that are registered, should any last minute changes need to be made (changing a team name, editing partner's info, etc), you can log in to make the change by clicking on the MANAGE MY ACCOUNT link above. This will only be available until 8/5/2016, to allow the organizers time to prepare items for the tournament. If you have any issues, just reply to the registration email you were sent so we can help.
Deadline has passed - Registration ended on 7/31/2016
All registrations are final and no refunds will be issued. Teams that do not show up for the tournament forfeit their giveaway items (T-shirt and flying disc for each player) and the registration fee will be donated to charity. We kindly ask that any registered teams that cannot make it please contact us by replying to the registration email to let us know.
Included with the $60 team registration fee:
• Entry into the tournament for your team
• All day KanJam and chance to compete with the best teams in the game
• An official KanJam World Championship T-shirt for each player (NEW THIS YEAR!)
• An official KanJam Flying Disc for each player
• Food and drink tickets for each player
• Donation to charities (see list of supported charities below)
• Chance to become official KanJam World Champions!
The winners will be recognized as official KanJam World Champions and will be added to the official World Championship trophy. As per tradition, the winning team will win their own "hammer trophy" to keep, as well as other prizes (listed below).
- (2) Hammer Trophies
- (1) Team plaque to go on official KanJam World Championship trophy
- (2) $250 Olympia Sports gift cards
- (2) KanJam Glow Game Sets (NEW!)
- (2) KanJam Mini Game Sets
- (2) KanJam Splash Game Sets
- (2) Mallet Trophies
- (2) $150 Olympia Sports gift cards
- (2) KanJam Mini Game Sets
- (2) KanJam Splash Game Sets
3rd and 4th Place (per team)
- (2) Engraved Medals
- (2) $75 Olympia Sports gift cards
- (2) KanJam Gliders Game Sets
Proceeds from the 2016 KanJam World Championship will benefit the following:
Supplies sport wheelchairs and push chairs to people with disabilities for racing and fundraising events. For more information, visit their site at buffaloracin.org.
Assists in the awareness of Esophageal Cancer.
Food Bank of WNY
Distributes food to charitable programs that feed the needy. For more information, visit their site at foodbankwny.org.
North Tonawanda Police Athletic League
Provides two $500 scholarships annually to high school seniors and donations for school-related extracurricular functions.
Team check-in is from 9:00 am to 9:45 am. All participating teams will need to be checked-in prior to 9:45 am when announcements begin. Once you have arrived, please find your team name posted on the back wall of the Grill area and stand in the corresponding line for your Conference. Teams should check-in at the registration table before warming-up.
One of the great aspects of this tournament is that this is not a simple bracket. All teams will get to play at least 20+ games of KanJam in Regular Season play. Depending on the total number of teams, the overall field will be broken up into four divisions. If there are 100 total teams, for example, that would mean 25 teams per division. This would equate to 24 Regular Season games for each team.
For those that have not participated in the KanJam World Championship in the past, here is the format that will most likely be followed (subject to change based on the total number of teams):
• All teams will be randomly placed into one of two conferences - Each conference is composed of two divisions - In total, there are four divisions.
• Once all teams have checked in and received their gear and team folders, the tournament rules and format will be discussed. The tournament will follow the official KanJam rules. Teams are responsible for being familiar with the rules, as there will not be enough time to go over every single rule prior to the start of the tournament.
• The field of play will be separated into sections, one for each division. Teams will play games against teams in their division only in the "Regular Season Scramble."
• Once the Regular Season has ended, teams will be ranked on a basis of total wins. The top 8, 12, or 16 teams (TBD based on total number of teams) will qualify for the playoffs.
• The top seed will play the bottom seed throughout the playoffs in "best-of" series. All playoffs games will be played to 21 points. If 12 teams qualify for the playoffs, then the top four teams from each division will receive a "bye" for the first round.
• Playoff series will also be determined based on the total number of teams and time restraints. For example, the first round could be best of 5 or 7 game series.
• Playoff rounds continue until there is a winner for each division (Division Champs).
• The two Divisional Champs in each conference will play each other until one remains from each conference (Conference Champs).
• The two Conference Champs will play each other in the Finals to crown the 2016 KanJam World Champions.
Since this is a major KanJam tournament, all the official KanJam rules will be in play. All the rules, including the rare plays and various scoring discrepancies, are available to view in the KANJAM app for Android and iPhone. Those that have an iPhone or Android device can download the free KanJam app which includes all the official rules. They are even broken into separate sections for easy access. Just search the App Store or Google Play marketplace for "kanjam." It was created by clevermethod. You can also click on one of the links below:
Teams are highly encouraged to go over all the rules to ensure everyone knows what to expect. Those that do not have access to an iPhone/iPad/iPod or Android device, please review the official rules by clicking on the button below:
One major change in the rules that everyone should be aware of is the 40 foot line. This shorter throwing line was an option in the past for any females or those under the age of 13. This line has been eliminated for this tournament going forward. Therefore, all players, regardless of gender or age, will need to throw from the standard 50 foot distance. Both feet will need to be behind the back edge of the goal when the disc is released on a throw for all players.
Also, since this is a alcohol-free event, all players, spectators, and volunteers must refrain from bringing alcohol to the tournament. There will be referees to enforce all tournament rules, including release rule violations, illegal deflections (carries), and the alcohol/drug policy.
For those traveling from out of town and need somewhere to stay, check out Anchor Motel, which is only 3 minutes (1.9 miles) from the tournament site. Many out of town teams already stay here, and is a perfect place to meet up with other jammers! They offer:
• Free WiFi and private yards (perfect for some KanJam practice!)
• BBQ grills on-site
• Outdoor pool
• Free continental breakfast
• Flat-screen TVs with satellite channels
• Located right on the Niagara River with fantastic scenic views
Visit www.anchormotelusa.com for more info and to book. Rooms are limited, so don't wait!
Here are some more locations in the area:
Video highlights from previous tournaments
2016 World Championship - Preview and Interviews
Courtesy of KanJam League.
2015 World Championship - Finals
Game 7, courtesy of KanJam League.
2015 World Championship - Finals
Game 4, courtesy of KanJam League.
Top 10 teams from 2014 World Championship, courtesy of KanJam League.
Instant Win by Phils Mania
Phils Mania throws an Instant Win at the 2014 World Championship, courtesy of KanJam League.
Highlights from 2011 World Championship, courtesy of KanJam League.
Highlights from 2010 World Championship, courtesy of KanJam League.
Teams listed below are fully paid and registered for the tournament. For a full list (including player names, city, state/province, and country), please click on the full list button.
Total Teams Registered: