Interested in starting your own KanJam league? Then you've come to the right place. Check out some tips below for getting started.
Steps for a successful KanJam league:
1. Start a sign-up list for interested players (at least 6 teams). Collect player email addresses/phone numbers to keep in touch with all players.
2. Appoint League treasurer (collects and tracks player dues), secretary (keeps track of player stats and league standings), and president (overall leader responsible for league decisions, etc)
3. Find a facility (indoors) or a park (outdoors) to hold the league that is central to participating players.
4. Set up a schedule for league play. If an indoor facility is used, coordinate a schedule with owner that will work best.
Ex. Every two weeks on Saturday nights from 7:30 to 10:00 pm
5. Determine player costs based on rental fees, if any.
Ex. $10 per player each week
6. Agree on league format (random draw, team based, or both). Determine the number of games teams will play in designated timeframe.
Ex. Each team plays 16 games per week. Set up a simple scoresheet for teams to keep track of wins, losses, instant wins, perfect games, OT games, OT wins, etc.
7. Gather plenty of KanJam sets and flying discs! Click here to purchase more sets if needed.
8. Play, compete, and have fun!
All leagues should follow the official KanJam rules.